20 self-improvement tips for mind, spirit and soul
Life is what you make of it. However, in order to live the best life possible, you need to look deep within yourself. You need to make sure you are doing everything in your power to make the most of your days.
This involves analysing your idea of life fulfilment. It involves increasing your chance of success and productivity. Mostly, it involves improving your sense of self worth.
Self-improvement is as easy as simply getting up a few minutes early, re-arranging your schedule or letting yourself laugh. However, sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin on your journey towards self-improvement.
To improve your relationships and success at dating, self-improvement can be focused on many aspects of life. Work & productivity, health, fitness, as well as your spirituality and mind. For many people, how to improve work -life balance, health and fitness are well understood, however it’s not just about your body
To improve yourself, you need to also focus your mind, spirit and soul as well. Here are xx tips to help.
- Develop tolerance and patience– people make mistakes. The first step to finding peace and improving your self is by developing tolerance for those things around you.
- Meditate- try to make time to meditate for 15 minutes each day. If you don’t like the idea of meditating, practice taking deep breaths once a day. This can help with circulation and ease your level of stress.
- Volunteer– volunteering for a good cause is not only good for your self-improvement, but also for others. Find something you are passionate about and look towards volunteering your time or some money. There are thousands of charities and organizations that would love your help/
- Discover the “Secret”– the Secret is not something that everyone buys into. However, some of the messages are vital to self-improvement. You control your own future. For more self-improvement help through self-healing, consider looking into other spiritual self-medicating books that can provide relief for your mind and spirit.
- Journaling – Writing down your thoughts is called journaling. It stimulates your brain and can acts as a great de-stressor. Keep a journal so you can record your thoughts if you are feeling down. Find an onld book or buy a new special journal to folow your journey to a better you.
- Read– Find some time on the weekend to curl up on the couch with a good book. This simple pleasure is not just relaxing, it is also stimulating.
- Think Positive– Positive thoughts lead to positive results. Surround yourself with positive energy and this energetic vibe will be released into your lifestyle and daily habits.
- Plan ahead– there are certain things in life that just happen. They are annoying and frustrating but that’s just the way it is. This may include a traffic jam on your way to work or a long line at the post office. If you are prepared for these things, then you will be able to handle these annoying situations a lot better. Give yourself an extra 20 minutes to get to work to allow for the rush hour traffic. It’s a lot better for your self-improvement to be sitting in your car thinking “good thing I planned ahead and left 20 minutes early” rather than honking the horn and swearing for being late.
- Think about a getting a pet– a dog or a cat can provide unconditional love and support, which can lead to self-improvement. They will lift your spirits in more ways than can be expressed. Dogs can motivate you to exercise and are always around for a cuddle. However, before you consider a pet, make sure you have the financial security and freedom to look after the constant demands of a pet, especially a dog.
- Be generous- selfishness and self-improvement do not mix. Think about others beside yourself and share your wealth.
- Stimulate your brain– grab a crossword puzzle or enjoy the Sudoku in your morning newspaper on the commute to work. These fun little games are quick to do and keep your mind sharp.
- Find daily alone time– between work, the kids, your spouse and your friends, it might seem like you don’t get a single moment to yourself. Find that moment. This could just be shutting the doors and taking a 20 minute bath. You need to find time to reflect and relax and this is best done by yourself.
- Pamper yourself– Self-improvement includes getting rid of those daily kinks. The best way to sooth the stress away is with a deep therapeutic massage. If you cannot afford a monthly massage, then look to your spouse or partner and swap massages. Buy oil, light candles and turn your living room into a spa.
- Drink Tea– Tea has calming powers that can do wonders for your spirit. Try chamomile or green tea and indulge in the tantalizing tastes and natural goodness.
- Smile and make eye contact– let your facial expressions do the talking. A smile and eye contact with a stranger can release a spark within you and also brighten up someone else’s day.
- Find time to catch up with friends and family– sometimes our schedule gets so busy that we simply cannot fit in family and friends. This can lead to serious woes and a lack of self-fulfilment. You need to find a balance between work and play. Take a late lunch to catch up with your friends. It’s hard to stay in touch but it’s important to try.
- Forgive others- Forgiveness is not something you can just switch on and off. It can take time to forgive someone, especially if you were really hurt. However, forgiveness starts deep within you and is one of the most important steps of self-improvement. If you can find it within yourself to forgive, then you are proving to yourself that you are growing stronger.
- Forget wrong doings- the past is the past. In order to self improve, you need to move on. Forget about those problems that are holding you back. They are in the past for the reason. Step away from that heavy burden and look towards the future.
- Invest in Aromatherapy candles– aromatherapy candles are not expensive and can really lift your mood.
- Do something for someone else– improve your sense of self by thinking about someone else. The little things make all the difference for improving your self worth, and lifting other’s moods.
Stop trying to control the things you simply cannot- this is a big one. The Universe works in mysterious ways. You need to accept what has been given to you and stop trying to change what hasn’t. Acceptance is the key to self-improvement.